Vision Stories: How To Engage and Inspire
Vision Story Question Three:
What are the most important topics to cover in a vision story?
When crafting a vision story for your business, it’s important to focus on the following key topics:
- The problem or need that your business is addressing: A vision story should start by explaining the problem or need that your business is trying to solve. This helps to provide context and establish the importance of your vision.
- Your long-term goals: A vision story should clearly articulate the long-term goals and aspirations of your business. What do you hope to achieve over the next 5, 10, or 20 years?
- Your values and purpose: A vision story should also highlight the values and purpose that drive your business. Why do you do what you do? What motivates you to get up every day and work towards your vision?
- The impact you hope to make: A vision story should describe the positive impact that your business hopes to make on the world. How will your work make a difference to your customers, your community, or the broader world?
- The steps you are taking to achieve your vision: Finally, a vision story should describe the steps that your business is taking to achieve its vision. What are the key strategies and actions you are taking to move closer to your long-term goals?
Overall, a successful vision story should be inspiring and compelling, and should clearly articulate where you’re heading as an organization.
…a successful vision story should be inspiring and compelling.
– James M. Kerr