Future of Work: Navigating The New Workplace Paradigms
What are the most important workplace changes firms will make this year?
However, there are a few key areas to look for organizations to make changes in the workplace this year, including:
- Embracing remote work: The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of remote work and many organizations are now considering permanent or semi-permanent remote work arrangements. So, you may want to consider how you can support and enable remote work for your team.
- Improving work-life balance: Many people are looking for more balance between their work and personal lives, and organizations that can offer a healthy work-life balance are likely to be more attractive to top talent. So, you may want to consider how you can support work-life balance for your team.
- Fostering a positive and inclusive culture: A positive and inclusive culture is essential for employee engagement and productivity. So, you may want to consider how you can create a culture that is welcoming and supportive for all staffers.
- Adopting new technologies: The rapid pace of technological change means that organizations need to be agile and adaptable in order to remain competitive. So, you may want to consider how you can adopt new technologies in order to pivot.
- Business leaders will continue to take positions on social issues. The thirst for leadership by the general public will lead to pressure on business leaders to take positions and lead the way on social change.
Overall, the most important workplace changes to make this year will be the ones that enable you to focus on continuous improvement — that’s what enables competitive success in the marketplace.
You may want to consider how you can adopt new technologies in order to pivot.
– James M. Kerr