RESET YOUR CULTURE FOR THE NEXT-NORMAL WORLD TALK:
Second Question: What’s the best advice to give a team interested in improving their company’s culture?
Improving a company’s culture can be a complex and multifaceted process, but here are a few things you can try:
- Clearly communicate expectations and values: Make sure that all employees understand the company’s expectations and values, and that these expectations and values are consistently reinforced in all aspects of the company’s operations.
- Foster a sense of community: Encourage employees to build relationships with their colleagues and create a sense of belonging within the company. This can be done through social events, team-building activities, and other opportunities for employees to interact with one another.
- Promote work-life balance: Create policies and practices that support work-life balance, such as flexible work schedules, generous vacation time, and opportunities for remote work.
- Encourage open communication: Create an open and transparent communication culture, where employees feel comfortable voicing their opinions and ideas, and where there is open dialogue between employees and management.
- Foster a culture of growth and development: Offer opportunities for employees to learn and grow, through training and development programs, mentorship opportunities, and other professional development resources.
- Recognize and reward employees: Show appreciation for employees’ contributions to the company, and recognize and reward their hard work and achievements. This can help to boost morale and create a positive work culture.
Encourage employees to build relationships with their colleagues…
– James M. Kerr